Sandia National Laboratories Building Maintenance Professional (Experienced) in Livermore, California
The work of a Building Maintenance Professional requires rounded training and experience usually through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to general maintenance and repair of building structures and mechanical systems. Perform duties necessary to maintain in good repair building woodwork doors, floors, roofs, and stairs. Perform roofing and waterproofing work including maintenance and repair of membrane, flashing, and surfacing on a variety of in-place system. Assist with assembling of rigging to move equipment or material. Assist with the preventive maintenance of cranes, elevators, hoisting and rigging equipment, and roofs.
Fabricate, install and maintain in good repair sheet metal equipment and fixture such as machine guards, grease pans, shelves, lockers, tanks, ventilators, chutes, ducts, and metal roofing. Work shall involve most of the following: Planning and laying out all types of sheet metal maintenance work from blueprints, models, or other specification; setting up and operating all available types of sheet metal working machines using a variety of hand tools in cutting, bending, forming, shaping, fitting and assembling; and installing sheet metal articles as required.
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints.
Successful candidates will also have:
-Effective skills in record keeping, time management, and organization.
-Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
-Working knowledge of the Common Operating Environment MS Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Requires high school diploma plus a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and understand blueprint installation and fabrication drawings.
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver's license. The successful candidate would have to provide proof of a valid driver's license when offered employment.
- Selected applicants will be required to take a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
- Strong working knowledge within Carpentry and/or Sheet Metal field.
- Prior experience performing preventative maintenance on cranes, elevators, hoisting and rigging equipment, and roofs.
The Maintenance Team is responsible for performing predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance at the CA site. This includes maintenance of buildings, utilities, and infrastructure as well as grounds / landscaping and custodial services.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.