Sandia National Laboratories Analog Design Engineer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an R&D S&E Electronics Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team in designing and developing advanced electronic subsystems.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design low-power analog electronic circuits with high reliability requirements that must operate in extreme environments
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team whose task will be to define requirements, create the subsystem design, implement quality design methodology, build and evaluate prototypes, test subsystems, and support full-up system integration testing
- Perform low-power discrete analog design, modeling/simulation of analog electronic subsystems, analog circuit buffer design, and/or analog IC design
Other responsibilities include:
- Working with representatives from systems organizations, subcomponent organizations, quality assurance, program management, and production
- Ability to create innovative solutions to difficult technical problems
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Working cooperatively with other internal organizations, as well as external production facilities and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus eight or more years of experience, or equivalent:
- Experience in analog circuit design
- Experience working with SPICE simulation of electronic circuits
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Ability to travel
- Experience in low-power circuit design
- Experience with board layout
- Experience with analog ASIC design
- Current DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance
The Weapon Subsystems I department develops and supports advanced electronic and mechanical subsystems for use control, enhanced surveillance, material monitoring and other high consequence applications requiring exceptionally high confidence, quality and reliability. These projects enhance the safety and security of assets that are critical to US national security, including the nation's nuclear weapons stockpile.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT