Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Support (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Seeking a highly motivated, proactive, team-oriented individual to support Facilities Management. As a valued member of the team, this individual would routinely perform a variety of administrative functions, including routing documentation for approvals, facilitating site access, processing purchase requisitions, issuing permits for work, interface with the procurement system, and supporting construction activities. This individual may also draft and issue communications within the department and/or to the laboratory.
- High school diploma and three or more years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral / written communication, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under competing / changing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to build and manage effective working relationships
- Strong customer focus using tact, judgement, discretion, and courtesy.
- Knowledge of and experience with common office software.
- Experience working in a construction / facilities organization.
- Experience working for a government entity.
- Advanced level working knowledge and proven experience using the Common Operating Environment MS Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Outlook.
- Experience working with procurement system (Oracle preferred)
- Experience working with a document management system (Newforma preferred)
- Experience working with maintenance management software (IBM Maximo preferred.)
The Project and Construction Management Department is responsible for managing, executing, and inspecting all construction projects at the CA site. This includes modification of buildings, space, and infrastructure systems as well as the design and construction of new facilities to satisfy changing programmatic needs. The team also provides Sandia issued permits, escort support, and environmental & safety guidance through Facilities ES&H (FESH).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT