Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Support (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Administrative Support Associate ready to take on new challenges providing administrative and program support for our fast-paced, high impact program. As a key member of our California team, you will interact daily with your administrative program support and information management teams as well as with program managers, external partners and customers, and technical and project management leads.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Manage the coordination of high-level program meetings, from securing a location and coordinating attendees (including visitors), to verifying clearance levels, setting agendas, taking minutes, tracking action items, and communicating to management
- Partner with Sandia New Mexico, engage proactively with external partners across the National Security Complex, and coordinate customer access to shared networks
- Manage OneNote and SharePoint to maintain, communicate, share or present information to managers and team members
- Participate in information management and communication projects and processes
- Gather, record, and verify data and information from several sources; may coordinate a program-wide action item tracker and tier reporting system.
- High school diploma plus 3 years or more years of directly relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with common office software, such as Microsoft Office
- Active US DOE Q security clearance or equivalent active clearance with another US government agency
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus 2 years of experience
- Ability to manage tasks and organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project) and SharePoint
- Proven ability to take initiative, exercise good judgment, and team effectively
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and situations with tact and discretion
- Experience originating, marking and handling classified documents
The ND Communications and Information Management department is a dynamic team that provides communications, technical writing and information management expertise for the W80-4 and W87-1 programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.