Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Assistant for Security Operations (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for Security Operaitons (Administrative Support) to join our team!
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Are you team oriented, enthusiastic and highly motivated? You could be the Administrate Support Professional we are seeking to join our dynamic team, to support the Security Operations Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- You will review, edit and organize Protective Force written procedures, plans, orders, memorandums of understanding, service level agreements and other documents.
- You will assist with information requests and data calls, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports, and security assessments and corrective action management.
- You will provide administative support on a wide range of projects and tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearancce
- Bachelor's degree in the liberal arts such as English, Language, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, History, Sociology, Economics, Psychology or Political Science.
- The ability to write and edit at a high level.
- Knowledge of and experience with administrative support with the use of common office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills.
Sandia Security Operations (SECOPS) protects people and assets to ensure mission success. SECOPS has responsibility for Physical Security, Classification, Classified Matter Protection and Control (CMPC), Operations Security (OPSEC), Security Awareness, the Security Incident Management Program (SIMP) and Emergency Management. SECOPS oversees Site Visitor Control and manages a 24/7 Protective Force.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.