Sandia National Laboratories Test Operations Engineer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for nation's security?
We are seeking an experienced Integrated Circuit (IC) Test Operations Engineer to develop application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) test programs and required hardware for validation of development and production ASICs.
On any given day, you will be asked to perform:
- Develop test programs that exercise the ASICs based on input from design engineers.
- Design hardware for testing ASICs, for example load boards and probe cards.
- Use tester platforms and lab instrumentation (oscilloscopes, DMMs, etc.) to verify performance of test programs.
- Interface with design, failure analysis, burn-in, and system engineers as well as maintenance and safety personnel.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience or a higher degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline;
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Security Clearance.
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- You have an advanced degree (Master’s or PhD.) in a STEM discipline.
- Experience with semiconductor testers such as the Verigy 93000, the NP EXA 3000, and the Teradyne Catalyst.
- Programming ATE using C++ or other object-oriented language.
- Scripting program knowledge: Python, Perl, Unix.
- Experience developing and implementing test plans for characterization, final test, and wafer sort testing.
- Experience designing device interface boards, debugging and releasing devices (mostly ASICs) to production.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a complex team of designers and test engineers.
- Active DOE Q security clearance.
Sandia's Microelectronics Test, FA, and Post Fab Production department is responsible for science-based microelectronics, MEMS, and optoelectronics testing for both internal and external customers. We meet these responsibilities by developing and employing state-of-the-art functional and reliability tests and failure analysis techniques. We perform our work in a fast-paced, multi-project, team environment requiring extensive customer interaction.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.