Sandia National Laboratories Technical Writer & Editor (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Technical Writer.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Write and edit technical accomplishments, blog posts, news notes, factsheets, success stories, website content.
- Edit/proofread text in presentations or communications collateral (factsheets, handouts, one-pagers, newsletters, digital announcements).
- Consult communications staff/team personnel to incorporate key messages into written content.
- Consult communications staff/team personnel to incorporate hyperlinks/strategic content into written content or collateral.
- Collaborate with team members (graphic designers, web developer, communications staff) to provide writing/editing support on projects and identify recommendations to improve communication products.
- Attend meetings and capture accomplishments/events for reporting purposes (news notes, lab news stories, and other activities).
- Help relay information to outside customers including key DOE sponsors.
- Apply and document preferred usages and styles – potentially establishing or recommending standardized usages and styles for portfolio communications.
- In addition, assist with key web updates and changes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism or related discipline or equivalent years of experience
- Experience and demonstrated skill in technical writing and editing.
- Impeccable grammar
- Excellent customer service skills
- Wordpress, email marketing, and social media skills highly valued
The Division 8000 Communications Department provides a broad range of services including: public and media relations, community relations, internal communications, employee engagement, sponsor and customer communications, creative services, and technical writing.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.