Sandia National Laboratories Technical Project Manager-Remote Sensing Systems (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues and challenges for our nation's security?
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to plan and execute engineering projects that require high-rigor management. You will be responsible for exercising a full range of project management responsibilities; coordinates with multi-functional teams of engineers, technologist, project management professionals, and business staff in a matrix-type organization. You may often serve as a primary interface to customers and sponsors, especially for project status reporting purposes. You will work with project personnel and partners with the extended project team, including customers, sponsors, and suppliers, to ensure that the project is fully and properly integrated. You will assist in the development, definition, and execution of project plans, schedules, budgets, and work. You will produce project cost estimates and identifies other project resource needs. The team identifies and addresses both technical and non-technical risks, opportunities, and other issues that impact the project. We recommend changes to improve production and project management processes.
This is an opportunity to become involved in a high visibility program area that manages the full range of remote sensing space system payloads and ground system software. Improved design, development, realization, and quality are all major thrusts of our program.
On any given day, you may be asked to:
- Serve as a principal project work with internal Sandia organizations, as well as external customers and suppliers
- Work in a peer-level relationship with the project technical leads throughout Sandia to oversee manufacturing execution for high-rigor project within center
- Facilitate the resolution of non-conformances and corrective actions related to the production build process
- Oversee execution of production according to define schedules, provide project status reporting, and ability to present monthly project status to larger community
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Systems, Quality, or Industrial Engineering), or higher
- You possess 5 or more years technical experience
- Your background includes three years or more experience technical project management experience
- You have an active DOE clearance, or equivalent, and can obtain a Q clearance
Ideally, your background would also include:
- Experience with NW RPPs and processes
- Experience with AS9100 and/or ISO9001 quality management systems and certification processes and audits
- Experience working in production of NW or high technology (space systems, electronics, etc.)
- Experience in project management of NW electronic components or assemblies
- Ability to lead multi-functional team
The Remote Sensing Systems Group (06780) provides the competencies necessary for harnessing and developing the world’s best technologies, practices, and suppliers for realizing advanced remote sensing systems. The RSS Group leads and implements the design, fabrication, integration, testing, and delivery of the Global Burst Detection (GBD) Program Satellite Payloads. We provide a broad competency base of needed skill sets for the development of advanced satellite payloads, NW support needs, and other WFO programs. We can use our unique capabilities and team with others to provide end-to-end program needs. Embedded within the group are strengths in: analog/digital/embedded electronic design, software design, electronic fabrication and testing, optical science and design of optical sensor systems, power systems, test and integration utilizing space environment test capabilities, system tester development, and analytics.
The manager of this department (06781) serves as the Deputy to the Senior Manager and helps oversee the execution and delivery of commitments to the programs which it supports. The staff in 06781 provides critical mission software development and computing environment support for numerous applications and projects. The GBD and ICADS/UGNT Quality Management System teams reside in this department.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.