Sandia National Laboratories Technical Program Manager-Hypersonic Glide Vehicle (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking a technical program manager to support Sandia’s part of the Air Force Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW or “Hacksaw”) program. The current plan for Hacksaw is to flight test multiple hypersonic glide vehicles and is estimated to be a $50-150M program.
On any given day your responsibilities will encompass, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the customer interface
- Assisting in the definition of program scope, budget, schedule; and reporting program performance
- General oversight of mission assurance, requirements management, risk management, and change control
- Travel to customer sites
- You have an undergraduate engineering degree, or related technical discipline plus more than five years related work experience; or a master's degree in engineering, or relevant discipline, plus three or more years of relevant work experience
- Your background includes demonstrated experience leading a technical team on a large-scale program
- Your resume will reflect experience with the Sandia WP&C process
- You will have experience running an external customer interface, as well as coordinating large-scale program reviews
- Your skillset includes a general understanding of engineering principles outside of one’s discipline
- You have a current and active DOE L clearance, or DOD equivalent, with ability to obtain a Q level clearance
Ideally, your background would also include:
- Previous experience as a program manager on a large-scale Sandia program
- Experience fielding large, complex systems over multiple weeks
- Demonstrated ability to make technical versus programmatic trade-off decisions
- Familiarity with classic system engineering principles
- Demonstrated a passion for mission success
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
Flight Systems, Dept. 5424, supports aerospace technology demonstration flight tests for a variety of DoD customers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.