Sandia National Laboratories Technical Business Development Specialist (Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you passionate about your work and dream of driving business development and technology strategies in a state-of-the-art science and technology environment? You could be the Business Development and Partnerships Professional we are looking for to support Sandia’s national security initiatives. Our department provides integrated business development and partnerships experts that are embedded directly with mission and technology teams to realize program development, strategy and partnering objectives.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Execute stakeholder and partnership engagement strategies (DoD, NNSA and others)
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives for national security programs and technologies
- Develop and translate technology speak into the “So What” for technology applications
- Discover and analyze market factors and national security requirements and trends
- Lead technology transfer initiatives to deploy national security systems
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join our team and attain your dreams while making a difference!
- You will have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 5 years' relevant experience or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Your experience will include business development concepts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance
- Master’s degree
- Experience with customer retention related to federal government agencies
- Active DOE Q or Top Secret clearance
The National Security Partnerships and Business Development Department provides embedded business development professionals with a passion for national security, enthusiasm for science and engineering, and the ability to navigate complex organizational cultures. The embedded business development teams have demonstrated significant impact to Sandia for nearly two decades.
- Staff are developed through a structured onboarding and mentoring framework specifically designed for the business development discipline
- The team has access to a rich set of proven business development and partnership resources, best practices and experienced management and staff
- Due to the embedded model and its breadth of support, team members have an immediate built-in professional network across Sandia’s technical programs and support organizations (IP, Legal, Competitive Intelligence, Agreements, etc.)
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.