Sandia National Laboratories Systems Architect - IT Configuration Management (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking creative, forward thinking IT professionals! If you are passionate about IT Infrastructure, automation, CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, and related technologies, then our IT Configuration Management Platforms team is the right fit for you!
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Develop and refine automation capabilities for consistent system and application deployments.
- Identify targets for automation; and develop process pipelines and workflows.
- Support or integrate technologies such as Ansible, Packer, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, Git, VMware, Kubernetes, Private/Public Cloud, Linux, Windows, and more.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions and define solutions to business problems through reasoned application of information technology.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline;
- or experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Experience in one or more of the following IT fields: Configuration Management, Automation, System Administration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
- Enthusiasm for modern IT approaches and technologies.
- Experience deploying and managing IT systems as code.
- Hands on experience with IT Configuration Management and related tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins, Git.
- Strong analytical, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
Our team provides modern Configuration Management (CM) platforms and Enterprise IT Services. We design and operate technologies and processes to ensure IT systems are reliable, consistent, and secure throughout the lifecycle of the system.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.