Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect - Mac Engineering Team (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to lead our MacIntosh Sandia Core Computing Capabilities Team. The mission of the team is to enhance, the performance, user experience, reliability and security to protect MacIntosh devices. We design and develop tools and processes to architect, manage, and protect MacIntosh computers and solutions in Sandia's Enterprise Level IT environment.
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Perform a diverse set of leadership tasks to establish a vision and provide technical leadership to analyze, design and implement technologies and to integrate hardware and software solutions for the MacIntosh platform at Sandia.
- Provide IT technical leadership and customer relationship management for their team.
- Be accountable for implementing Sandia cyber security requirements and quality standards into the MacIntosh platform at Sandia.
- Research, prototype, architect, and design solutions for effective operation of mission enabling or direct mission information systems on the MacIntosh platform.
- Develop strategic solutions that positions Sandia’s MacIntosh platform for the future.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join us and achieve your dreams while making a difference.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information systems, or other relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
Leading IT teams and/or projects
- An in-depth knowledge of the Apple Mac OS operating platform, in a complex distributed environment. Apple Certified Support Professional certification, a plus
- Experience analyzing, planning and implementing a JAMF infrastructure with distribution points in an enterprise environment, JAMF certification a plus
- Ability to develop processes to manage and protect Macintosh computers in an enterprise environment
- Experience and understanding of computer architecture and network management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Department 10766 is responsible for the strategic road map, and the maintenance and operations of Sandia’s two main classified networks, the SCN and the SPN. The primary role of the role is programmatic in nature and relies on our partners across the laboratory to execute the work that is necessary to keep these two networks operational at a highly available level and to provide service on these networks that is of the highest quality. The 3CSI program, and SPN operations are programs that are synonymous with department 10766. In addition, we are responsible for the delivery of the classified desktop to the laboratory via a VDI solution, delivery of mobility engineering services to the laboratory, and delivery of Mac engineering services to the laboratory.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.