Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for research, evaluation and implementation of commercial software and hardware that can be used at an Enterprise level by Sandia Scientists in accessing data, performing data analysis, analytics, and machine learning. This position will help lead a team of individuals dedicated to supporting this mission and delivering data for analytic use. Activities will include implementing and integrating IT solutions/architectures/data to advance Sandia's ability to make high quality data-driven decisions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT relevant discipline, or STEM plus five or more years of experience, or equivalent: experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Experience with operations and maintenance, or deployment of Enterprise level production IT solutions.
- Experience in leading software or COTS implementation projects.
- Experience in architecting IT solutions to address customer requests and meeting requirements for complexity, scalability, and availability of solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Sandia's Solution's Delivery Lifecycle (SDL).
- Experience with project planning, cost estimation, and managing scope, risk, and schedule.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented with good negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience with COTS make/buy decisions.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering disciplines particularly Requirements
- Management and Configuration Management.
- Familiarity with the Sandia IT enterprise and architectures.
Department 10774, Data Center Operations, is responsible for managing the daily activities of critical IT services. This includes working in collaboration with the SNL Facilities team in several 24x7 data center environments to ensure all critical systems are operational supporting the mission of the IT infrastructure for Sandia National Laboratories. The STORM team serves as the central point for all Enterprise storage and backup capabilities. Authentication services serves as the central point for all authentication and critical Tier 0 services for domain access. Disaster Recovery, the Classified Workstation (CWS-0176) and Data Center Consolidation are programs managed under this organization.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.