Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Passionate about your work and dream of exploring solutions within a dynamic team that solves significant issues for this nation's security?
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our dynamic team. The selected candidate will be part of a team that is a capability-based organization that architects, develops, integrates, tests, and deploys large highly reliable mission critical systems. We have expertise in R&D and Information Technology across many disciplines including large-scale software engineering, computer science, and computer engineering. Our specific capabilities include computer hardware/software architectures, system administration/networking, cyber security, failover/redundancy, continuous integration, system integration/verification, and performance assessment. We bring to bear these capabilities to innovate high-rigor solutions while supporting existing critical customer needs. Responsibilities will include support for nonproliferation and national security missions for the US Nuclear Detonation Detection System.
- Bachelor’s degree in related computer field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years, or more, directly related experience
- Experience in architecting IT solutions to address customer requests and meeting requirements for complexity, scalability, and availability of solutions
Experience in configuration, installation, maintenance, and administration in at least two of the following:
- Virtualized environments
- Storage systems
- System networking
- Current DOE Q clearance
- Experience with project planning, cost estimation, and handling scope, risk, and schedule
- Self-motivated and team oriented with good arbitration and interpersonal skills
- Experience with COTS make/buy decisions
- Understanding of Systems Engineering disciplines particularly requirements
- Experience with system development lifecycle
- Software defined platforms and configuration management
- Experience with large scale satellite ground systems
The System and Environments Engineering Department is a capability based organization that architects, develops, integrates, tests, and deploys large highly reliable mission critical systems using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). We have expertise in R&D and Information Technology across many disciplines including large-scale software engineering, computer science, and computer engineering. Our specific capabilities include computer hardware/software architectures, system administration/networking, cyber security, failover/redundancy, continuous integration, system integration/verification, and performance assessment. We demonstrate these capabilities to innovate high-rigor solutions while supporting existing critical customer needs. Our current responsibility includes support for nonproliferation and national security missions for the US Nuclear Detonation Detection System.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.