Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Solutions Architect
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated solutions architect to serve as an engineer and primary architect for a multidisciplinary team focused on delivering novel, high-impact information systems to internal and external customers. You will design and implement solutions in the areas of cloud computing, security architecture, network engineering and software architecture. They will develop solutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Apply mathematics, computer science, and engineering practices and skills to information system problems.
- Research, prototype, architect, and design solutions for effective operation of mission enabling or direct mission information systems.
- Learn and support existing software and hardware systems.
- Apply relevant security standards to information systems and data.
- Work with the customer to elicit and define system requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience and achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Two years of demonstrable experience in information systems architecture, systems administration, or datacenter network engineering.
- Experience creating and deploying secure architectures to meet cybersecurity and information assurance requirements such as hardening software to meet DISA STIGs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q security clearance.
- Five years of relevant technical experience as a systems architect, systems administrator, or network engineer.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms, including technologies such as OpenStack or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with automation, orchestration, and continuous integration toolsets (puppet, docker, GitLab CI, etc.)
- Expertise in Windows Active Directory system deployments using Windows server 2012 and 2016.
- History of successfully crafting and deploying information systems in a secure environment, to include experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation for government systems.
- Proven ability to work with US Government customers.
- Experience with Synthetic-aperture Radar (SAR) software tools such as Mdet and Chipview.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
The Systems for development and assessments department is responsible for crafting and implementing complex architectures for creative ground system data processing and development computing environments. The department is focused on development of novel solutions for our customer’s needs, beginning from the proof-of-concept stage through fielding accredited, operational systems. We work in multidisciplinary teams with expertise in software and hardware architectures, algorithm development, software engineering, object-oriented software design, networking, distributed architectures, human-computer interaction, and data visualization to create and deliver next generation, complex applications.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, disability, or veteran status.