Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The department is seeking a highly motivated individual with a solid understanding of networking, firewalls, WAN/LAN technologies, and communication protocols. The individual must be able to leverage their own knowledge and expertise, as well as that of their team members, to design, implement, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all enterprise network problems relating to network services and traffic controls. Network services include all corporate services as well as numerous unique user group services. Network traffic controls include firewall and application specific policies and router Access Control Lists (ACLs). Areas of work will include all SNL Corporate networks, remote SNL and business partner networks, and emerging purpose built enclaves. The individual must be able to perform as Sandia’s designated interface in many areas including: Site coordinator for ESnet/SNL Internet service, contract liaison for specific network vendors (i.e. Juniper Professional services), network liaison for critical business partners (i.e. DOE/NNSA), and Technical POC for ARIN (all SNLA registered public IP addresses).
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 13 years).
- Working knowledge of Cisco, Brocade, Tellabs, or Juniper network equipment
- Working knowledge of firewall equipment
- Working knowledge of all 7 layers of ISO/OSI Layering Model
- Working knowledge of Packet Analyzers (NetScout/Wireshark)
- Possess or demonstrate ability to obtain and maintain a required DOE Q-Clearance
- Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate, design integrations, and operate leading technology equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with department team members, management, and both internal and external customers, to identify and resolve network-centric issues
- Demonstrated ability to mentor internal and external staff as needed
- Knowledge of TrustWave application-layer firewalls
- Knowledge of A10 Networking and Management (aGalaxy) equipment
- Ability to assess, recommend, and coordinate all Department training needs
- Ability to travel and represent SNL during vendor Executive and Technical Briefing conferences
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours when needed
- IPV4 and IPv6 implementation experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Junos Space Network Management Platform
- Demonstrated proficiency with Ansible for network automation
Network Design and Operations is responsible for providing secure, consistent, and highly available network infrastructures to ensure Sandia’s core corporate and mission IT needs. We manage all of the Sandia production data networks, as well as customer-focused stand-alone LANs and enclaves. We collaborate and integrate with a variety of organizations including the Corporate Computing Help Desk, the Customer Service Units, Facilities Management & Operations, Cyber Security Services & Technologies, Service Management & Monitoring, Advanced Information and Network Systems Engineering, and the Information Solutions Center.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT