Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer, User Experience Solutions Team (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Build, deploy, and support web-based applications using proven software engineering processes, configuration management and web protocols.
- Design, build, debug, and deploy RESTful web services
- Develop state of the art DevOps systems that include automated testing (canary, smoke, unit, and security tests), container management, automated builds, automated deployments, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Experience with objected-oriented programming and software development using C#, Java or Python
- Experience in Relational Database Management Systems
- Solid understanding of .NET client and web application architectures
- Experience in RESTful web services, microservice design, DevOps deployments, scripting languages (any), and design patterns.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies in software development processes
- Familiarity with User Experience methodologies
- Strong teamwork and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A consistent record of strong performance. Self-motivated
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
The User Experience (UX) Solutions department helps teams develop well-designed solutions by placing the end user at the center of the design process. We provide user experience research, design, and development to ensure the best experience for the user when interacting with a product. The services we provide are:
- User research - understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations using methods such as contextual interviews and observations to gather requirements.
- User interface design and development - designing user interfaces and how the user will interact with the system.
- Usability testing and evaluation - testing and evaluating product concepts (i.e. wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes) to evaluate ease of use and user satisfaction.
- User interface web services - development developing common user interface components.
- Software development - utilizing our team of project managers, requirements engineers, user researchers, user interface designers, and software developers to build a custom software application.
We strive for intuitive, useful, valuable, and delightful solutions that meet users' needs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT