Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer - Remote Sensing (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of exploring solutions within a dynamic team that solves significant issues for this nation's security?
We are seeking motivated Software Systems Engineers to provide DevOps expertise on a variety of satellite ground stations and other remote sensing systems. You will work effectively across modern technology stacks to design, develop, and deliver critical systems into complex environments. You will need to travel occasionally.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design and implement software in support of new programs and subprograms, as well as provide enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Establish standards for the development and maintenance of new and existing products
- Focus on delivering user-experience solutions to support operational environments
You may be interviewed and hired into one of several departments within our center.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems, or a relevant discipline, OR equivalent experience and education (AS degree plus 4years' experience or no degree plus 8 years relevant experience)
- 5 years related experience, in addition to the education requirement above
- Experience in software engineering and object-oriented software development
- Can obtain a DOE Q/SCI clearance
- Experience using iterative or agile methods across the full software development process
- Experience with automation, orchestration, and continuous integration tools (puppet, ansible, docker, GitLab CI, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with testing and validation frameworks
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Experience with Cloud Computing Services (AWS, Open Stack, Azure)
- Experience with Container Technologies (e.g. Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with GPU Development, CUDA
- Experience with image and signal processing algorithms
- Experience with networked and distributed architectures
- Experience with algorithm design and development
- Proven Linux Knowledge
- Experience in developing with open-source or COTS-based messaging, integration, data store and application server platforms
- Experience in Java implementing server-side or application logic, developing databases, and designing architectures.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- An active SCI security clearance
Our team is responsible for the design/development of advanced mission data processing systems and analytical applications that enable some of our nation's most compelling nonproliferation and national security missions. Our mission is to design, engineer, build, deploy and enhance essential systems that transform data into decisions. Our systems are targeted for a range of applications and complexity including: remote and in-situ sensing systems; satellite communications and control; distributed computing and analysis; real-time data collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination; and mission engineering and analysis.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.