Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer - Identity and Access Management (Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join the Identity and Access Management team to provide resilient, automated, and user-friendly solutions to help securely accomplish our mission.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Maintain and automate services such as account provisioning and deprovisioning, access management, SSO, LDAP, and other services.
- Maintain current solutions while researching, evaluating, and making recommendations for future solutions within the identity and access management strategy.
- Collaborate with teams across IT and Cyber Security to implement controlled changes while adhering to security requirements.
- Have a continuous service improvement attitude and may be required to work with customers at all levels within the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent field
or higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant field; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience (BS + 5/MS + 1 years)
Three (3) or more years of demonstrated ability with:
- SQL queries
- LDAP queries
- Active Directory core operations, users, computers, attributes
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Windows Server system administration in corporate AD domain
- Application installer customization
- UNIX shell programming
- Current DOD or DOE clearance
The mission of 9777, Identity & Access Management, is to provide services that are resilient, secure, standardized, and simple. We provide secure authentication and authorization to access data and application workloads currently on premises and as they migrate to the cloud, Windows configuration management for hosting such workloads, and proxy services. Our services are downstream for the majority of applications at Sandia and are critical for supporting Sandia’s mission.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.