Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer, Event Management Team (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Our team is seeking a highly motivated Software Systems Engineer to be part of our Event Management team.
You will have End-to-end responsibility for managing and coordinating the Event Management process. On any given day you may be called to provide service and strategic project status to stakeholders and ITSM program customers, help scope customer project/information requests, create, monitor, maintain and report on SLAs and OLAs, track contracted work, coordinate deliverables and department resources with team leads and architects, monitor delivery of SOC Tools Team services and strategic projects, provide management with status reports, and coordinate team planning and strategic project funding requests/activities.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience, or equivalent:
experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Understanding of the technical aspects of the Event Management process and BMC TrueSight tools being developed
- Experience with the ITIL framework in managing the ITIL Event Management Process
- Experience in leading business requirements elicitation
- Experience using and training others to use the custom monitoring tool in all environments
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability in recommending solutions that balance customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines
- Strong teamwork and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with SCRUM
- Ability to develop and nurture effective relationships internal and external to the organization
- Demonstrated experience with the BMC ITSM Suite, specifically Change, Incident, Knowledge, CMDB and Problem Management
- Ability to develop test plans and perform testing
- Possess a firm understanding of the Sandia classified and unclassified environments
- Ability to work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
- Possess knowledge of system component performance and availability monitoring
- Ability to facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements
- Ability to establish standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products
- Knowledge of configuration management practices
Enterprise Service Management Enabling Solutions The primary mission of Enterprise Service Management Enabling Solutions is to develop and maintain a big picture, end-to-end view of operational IT services. We blend IT Service Management tools and best-practice ITIL processes to lead improvements in IT Service Management. Our portfolio includes automated discovery, performance and availability monitoring, enterprise and mission testing, a central tool suite with a service asset repository that supports all ITSM processes, including mature incident and change management, service asset and configuration management, and event management processes.
We are currently expanding our capabilities with a new suite of IT asset auto-discovery and monitoring tools to determine configuration, status and health of IT components and overall IT Business services provided to the customer at the enterprise level. The tool suite will support the ITSM Event Management process and integrate with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Incident Management Process and the Change Management process. The technology will be architected to monitor, detect events, analyze events and determine response to events.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT