Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer (Early Career) Limited Term Employee in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Dream of developing software that has national impact? If so, you will want to apply for this opportunity to join a team of creative problem solvers in applying computer science and software engineering skills to help secure our nation!
We are seeking Computer Scientists to join our diverse, multidisciplinary team. The selected candidates will work alongside world-class authorities and emerging leaders and use skills including:
- software architecture
- full stack software development
When applying to this requisition, you may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several software focused organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in Software Design and Development
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required DOE Q security clearance
- Experience in Java, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with DevOps and DevSecOps technologies
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience in a subset of the following: software engineering methodologies, agile development, user interfaces, databases
- Proven experience working effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a disciplined and focused manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
This posting will be used to fulfill multiple positions within the Cyber Security and Mission Computing Center (9300). We partner across the laboratory on a number of exciting initiatives that require gifted computer scientists:
- We develop and maintain enterprise cyber security capability to defend the laboratory from cyber threats
- We conduct cyber security research to strengthen our cyber security capability
- We design and maintain high performance computing capabilities
- We develop custom software to support our Nuclear Deterrents (ND) and Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP)
- We provide analytics and machine learning expertise for projects across Sandia’s Mission Space
- We foster software security and DevSecOps capabilities
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.