Sandia National Laboratories Software Developer, Expense Report Application (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Expense Report team is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to serve as a developer on the Expense Report application. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for investigating system issues, development of bug fixes and enhancement requests, performing unit testing, scripting automated tests, and supporting the system deployment process. The Expense Report application is a custom Java application that is used by a majority of the employees at Sandia.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Develop new features, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop requirements, workflow and perform systems analysis.
- Establish standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver user-experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals.
- Participate in defining interfaces between software systems.
- Apply standard software engineering practices in the development of software solutions.
- Document work and results.
- Develop test plans and perform testing.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and other team members.
- Researche and evaluate new software technologies.
- Stay current with new technologies and industry trends and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Experience developing software in Java.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with Docker software container technology.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- Experience with Scrum or Agile software development processes.
- Experience with Sandia's software development lifecycle, ITSM, and other IT quality processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills.
- Strong teamwork and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A consistent record of strong performance.
The Finance Systems department, 10742, provides quality software solutions to Sandia's Financial community to enable efficient business operations in support of Sandia's mission.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.