Sandia National Laboratories Senior Manager, Program Management in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This Senior Manager position is a unique and exciting opportunity to empower Sandia with an integrated, intuitive, and standards-based system for exceptional project execution and product delivery.
The Project and Product Delivery System Senior Manager will be responsible for using systems engineering principles to craft, develop, and deploy a cohesive project and product delivery system (PPDS) for Sandia. The system will allow for a user-friendly, intuitive, graded approach implementation of all relevant elements of project management and the product management lifecycle. As part of the overarching PPDS, this senior manager is responsible for our project management foundations (project, program, portfolio management, and configuration management policies) as well as our product lifecycle management and systems engineering foundations (product lifecycle management, risk management, requirements engineering, system architecture, production management, etc.).
The Senior Manager is also accountable for the product owner role on the Common Engineering Environment (CEE) Earned Value Project Management tools, Portfolio Management Tool, Aras Engineering Management System, REMS, Mission Assurance Plan and for delivering effective PM and Product Management Lifecycle embedded and consultative services.
The Senior Manager will collaborate and build advocacy across the labs and work in close coordination with the Directors of the five mission Program Management Centers and the Director of Mission Assurance, and other key customers, clients, and partners. The Senior Manager will also establish relationships with the leaders from NNSA, DOE, and SPP partners to establish and document Sandia’s PM/EVM capability and reporting and will be expected to reach back to the parent company, learn about existing tools, benchmark with relevant experts and implement recommendations.
The Senior Manager will have a leadership role with the Project and Product Delivery System Governance Board. Part of the strategy will include understanding customer feedback, driving continuous improvement and acting as a change agent to implement improvements. The successful candidate will be a resource for project and product management across Sandia’s diverse portfolio of projects, providing advice and mentoring to further advance Sandia’s project and product management competencies and will provide leadership, management and mentoring for the staff in his/her department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or STEM plus ten or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management/project leadership on engineering/R&D projects
- Mission Delivery (engineering) product development and delivery process experience
- PMP, Systems Engineering, or equivalent certification
- Relevant experience in project management across a diverse set of projects / programs and proven knowledge of project management roles
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required DOE Q-level security clearance
- Experience as a Senior Manager
- Advanced Business or STEM degree, with at least one of candidate’s degrees being STEM
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly deliver results, effectively manage people, and guide multidisciplinary teams
- Process design using Systems Engineering principles, Model-Based Systems Engineering, Digital Engineering, Requirements engineering and management
- Demonstrated ability to build systems and training vital to grow capabilities and career paths across Sandia
- Configuration management and configuration management system design
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent affecting significant changes in an organization’s processes, procedures, and culture
- Experience implementing project and/or product management processes and procedures for successful project execution
- In depth expertise and experience in project management including Earned Value Management
- Demonstrate effective presentation and written communication skills to large audiences and senior/executive leadership
- Demonstrated credibility and influence with Mission Delivery (engineering) organizations
- A minimum of five years’ leadership and/or management experience
Our center empowers Sandia with an integrated, intuitive, and standards-based system for exceptional project execution and product delivery. We also provide both consultative and embedded services to ensure critical project outcomes.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.