Sandia National Laboratories Senior Manager - Data Systems Engineering (2660) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Passionate about your work and aspire to explore solutions with a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security? Join our team and make a difference!
We seek a Senior Manager to lead the Data Systems Engineering Group (2660). We provide a wide variety of advanced data system solutions in support of a wide range of critical national security missions. These missions span Sandia’s Nuclear Deterrence (ND) and Strategic Partnership Program (SPP) customer base, giving the organization the unique opportunity to exercise our core competencies and capabilities across the laboratory.
2660 has 6 Departments dedicated to Test Engineering, Telemetry & Transmitters, Flight & Instrumentation Systems, and Software Testing that exercise our core capabilities. Our teams of engineers and scientists work closely with our customers to develop a deep understanding of their missions and hard problems. Combining this understanding with our comprehensive set of capabilities allows us to develop unique solutions and extract information from a wide spectrum of data sources (e.g., sensors, testers, telemetry, etc.), driving knowledge creation that in turn enables and enhances our customers’ decision making. The 2660 Group supports the full product life cycle, from research and development to early product prototyping and production introduction through sustained support. We actively manage our capabilities to ensure that we meet both current and future needs of our customers.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Interface directly with leadership regarding on-going programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with key partners across the laboratory to create innovative solutions and assure alignment.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Test for Knowledge and Risk Management Framework (RMF) initiatives.
- Promote 2660 Telemetry, Software Testing Competency, and Flight Instrumentation projects.
- Embody strong collaboration with counterparts across Sandia and at KCNSC and Pantex.
- Lead a diverse team of managers that intersect with many different programs.
- Be a strong advocate for Nuclear Enterprise Assurance (including Risk Management Framework) and Operational Technology Assurance activities.
- Secure funding for the projects and programs within the Group.
- Use working knowledge of Agile methodologies to further our software endeavors.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
- Graduate (Masters or PhD) degree in engineering or a relevant STEM field
- 10 or more years of relevant experience, including 5 or more years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence a variety of customers, partners, management and staff
- Evidence of successfully leading teams and managing projects to meet cost, schedule and performance requirements and expectations
- Active DOE Q clearance
- Excellent discernment, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in the ND mission area and working with NSE production partners including KCNSC and Pantex.
- Experience working in and supporting SPP mission areas.
- Experience with integration/system testing and development of control systems/automatic testers for critical/high consequence components or systems.
- Knowledge and experience in software testing principles, agile methodologies, and the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Knowledge and experience in the mission areas supported by Data Systems Engineering (DSE)
The Engineering and Design Integration Center (2600) is a multi-discipline, product-focused organization that provides engineering design, components, subsystems, integration, testing, and field support for nuclear weapons and other national security applications. Examples of these applications include the development of satellite and other space-flight payloads and testing for high consequence military programs. The Center is divided into three main competencies: Advanced Mechanical Systems, Sensor and Fuse Engineering, and Telemetry and Software Systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.