Sandia National Laboratories Security System Design and Implementation (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Physical Security Systems Specialists with a focus on Systems Engineering for the Technical Security Systems (TSS) department. This individual will be a member of the TSS team which will support the engineering, operations, special projects, maintenance, and testing of the electronic hardware and the associated software of the security system. The current system includes an Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Access Control System (ACS), CCTV Security Cameras, and an Alarm, Communications, and Display (ACD) system.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Technically ensure that our security systems successfully operate at designed performance levels and that all requirements and acceptance criteria are being met. TSS is also currently in the planning phase to upgrade the security system software and hardware. The selected candidates will have the opportunity to be involved with the implementation of these changes.
- Manage Technical Security Systems and service requirements to ensure appropriate protection of security assets and compliance with DOE directives.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or relevant technical discipline plus 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and relevant experience.
- Experience with security alarm system design, implementation and operation.
- Deep understanding of security systems to include design, installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of DOE/NNSA orders and requirements related to security protection strategies.
- Experience with security assessments to support DOE audits and assessment of security alarm systems.
- Ability to partner with customers and technically direct the efforts of a cross-disciplinary team.
- Experience in leading large and small technical projects.
- Utilize your background in establishing, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks for technical personnel with minimal direction.
- Experience with troubleshooting electronics and in use of testing equipment, and analytical skills to support troubleshooting.
- Effective verbal and communication skills that allows them to successfully interact with internal and external customers and suppliers at all levels of an organization.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or in a team environment with diverse group dynamics.
- Self- directed, customer focused, and strong interpersonal and team skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple concurrent activities to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Experience in developing specifications and product documentation (drawings, schematics, and test reports/data).
- Electronics maintenance, repair, testing and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with the SNL Maximo and ITSM processes.
- Certifications on Security Alarm Systems.
- Experience with camera systems and/or strong understanding of IP based video systems.
- Experience with Fiber Optics and Fiber Optic Connections.
- Active US DOE L or Q Clearance.
The Technical Security Systems (TSS) department at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) provides a secure, robust, and sustainable electronic security system in support of Sandia's critical missions. The department is responsible for sustaining this security system at an acceptable level that meets Department of Energy (DOE) requirements. This is achieved by implementing high level standards and configuration control to the security systems followed by structured, preventive, and corrective maintenance processes. The TSS department interfaces and integrates with other departments within the Safeguards and Security Center which include Physical Security, Personnel Security, and the Protective Force. In addition to supporting the electronic security systems at SNL-NM, TSS provides program and technical support to several remote sites within the US.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT