Sandia National Laboratories S&E Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some the most challenging issues facing our nation's security?
This position will lead a technically diverse program team to deliver analytic and hardware deliverables to the Air Force's best-in-class strategic deterrent program. You will represent and report on all Sandia National Laboratories activities to include supporting regular program and technical reviews with the Air Force customer. The program involves over 20 Sandians and will require an ability to guide and lead multiple different technical activities, track and provide resourcing, and provide technical oversight.
- You have a Masters degree or higher in Engineering, Science or Mathematics with 7 years relevant experience.
- Your background includes a 3.2 GPA or higher for undergraduate degree and 3.5 GPA or higher on final technical degree.
- You have an active Top Secret Clearance and ability to obtain and retain TS-SCI clearance.
- You have obtained an Acquisition Certification (PMP or Defense Acquisition Workforce Level 2 or higher).
- Your experience includes working with or for large Department of Defense Acquisition program.
Ideally, your background will also include some of the following:
- Demonstrated leadership experience involving technical and programmatic responsibilities
- PhD in Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years relevant experience
- Experience with ballistic missile programs and technologies
- Experience as a Defense Program Manager (in Government or Industry
The Air and Space Defense Department cultivates the nation's ability to project power thru air and space and increase air and space domain supremacy. The Department does this by integrating capabilities and talent from across Sandia to provide target rocket and missile systems and components, prototype rocket and missile technologies, countermeasure systems, flight test systems, and analysis, modeling and simulation to support war-fighter technology planning, development and integration for air and space defense and power projection.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD) to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.