Sandia National Laboratories R&D Team Lead-MESA Microfabrication (5246) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The MESA Microfabrication department (5240) has an exciting opportunity for a team lead to manage approximately 15 technologists that work on second and third shift in the Silicon Fab. You will be part of a dynamic group that performs cutting-edge process development and wafer processing in a low volume prototyping and production fab that supports National Security programs. The basic hours for this position are Monday to Friday from Noon 12:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support a safe and injury free workplace and lead engineering safety and mistake proofing activities.
- Manage employee recruitment, selection, work assignments, recognition, performance assessments and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and direct work schedules and monitor work flow to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Partner with first shift Operations Team lead and coordinate improvement of cross-training activities for fab operators including standardizing and documenting these improvements in order to improve efficient use of resources.
- Floor presence in the cleanrooms and daily operations supervisory management is required.
- Bachelor's and Master's degrees in relevant STEM disciplines plus five years of relevant semiconductor fab experience; or Bachelor's degree in a STEM field plus 9 years of relevant semiconductor fab experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level clearance.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, customer satisfaction, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and oral/written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) background and work experience standardizing procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of best practices in semiconductor manufacturing.
Sandia National Laboratories Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications (MESA) complex provides unique processing capability in semiconductor microfabrication. The MESAFab Operations departments develop and maintain core semiconductor processing capabilities and capacity that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two unique facilities are co-located within the 65,000 square foot MESAFab complex including: (1) a 12,000 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 6-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 15,000 square foot Class 10 and Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor material processing and silicon wafer post-processing. Key microfabrication processing areas include photolithography, reactive ion etch, wet etch/clean, oxidation and diffusion, thin films, CMP (planarization), ion implantation, metrology, deep reactive silicon ion etch, wafer bonding and thinning, electroplating, packaging, MEMS release, yield learning and statistical process control.
The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in both CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Both processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer unique prototyping capabilities. We are capable of producing full flow production lots with quick turnaround time as well as performing flexible process development. The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor material processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff. We are capable of producing highly customized, low-volume production or prototyping devices and have flexible processing capabilities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT