Sandia National Laboratories R&D Systems Engineer MBSE/SysML (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Do you have a passion for Model Based Systems Engineering and speak SysML? Do you have experience and desire to work on bleeding edge programs and associated pathfinder technologies? Do you want to be part of the digital engineering transformation?
If this motivates you, this position may be your answer. We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with significant MBSE experience to join our family of engineers with both a leadership and technical aspect.
On any given day, you will:
- Define approaches for MBSE and Digital Engineering to incrementally advance standard methodologies in Systems Engineering on active developmental programs: Concept of Operations Development, Requirements Analysis and Definition, Functional and Physical Architecture development, System Design Descriptions, Creation of Digital Views and Viewpoints, Trade Studies, Design Analysis, Interface Design & Assessment, Coordinated System Test Planning, System Verification & Validation, and Configuration Management.
- Be a part of the technical leadership team that develops and executes the project plan for product development efforts.
- Work daily on programs for missile, air and space defense and associated pathfinder technologies as part of a dynamic team that develops and modernizes our Nation’s most critical weapon systems to ensure strategic deterrence for America.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus 8 years of relevant experience performing systems engineering work such as: requirements development, functional architecture development, physical architecture development, and performance verification; or Master's degree in relevant STEM plus 4 years of relevant experience as stated above.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience with models-based systems engineering tools using the SysML language (such as Magic Draw, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, Genesys, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
Ideally, your background will also include:
- Experience with engineering design (taking an idea from concept through demonstration).
- Experience with requirements development, capture, and tracking.
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools.
- Experience with integrating tools in a digital engineering ecosystem
- Experience with DoDAF, UAF, or other architecture framework
- Domain experience in one or more areas of aerospace systems design (missiles, flight vehicles, missile defense systems).
The Systems Engineering group applies interdisciplinary systems engineering principles and approaches to transform a set of customer needs into a solution that meets those needs with verifiable, traceable, and testable requirements. The team accomplishes this by coordinating the engineering design, development, and demonstration of complex systems. Our team has a mixture of experience from commercial, civil, and military application domains.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.