Sandia National Laboratories R&D Systems Engineer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team that solves challenging issues for the nation's security? We are seeking an R&D S&E, Systems Engineering with a passion for problem solving, multi-functional collaboration, customer outreach, and partner communications. This Technical Advisor position supports the functions of the Weapons Engineering and Production (WE&P) Program office specific to the Production Support and High Explosives and Energetics portfolios.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Sustain program activities for the seven enduring weapon systems in the stockpile and future modernization programs to include supporting base production capability for neutron generators (NGs).
- Collaborate with the technology teams to ensure 60+ SNL production components meet system engineering, operational requirements, and delivery schedules supporting all active stockpile and modernized weapon systems
- Microelectronics wafer fabrication process variation analysis, test and equipment capacity analysis, and qualification lot testing.
- Weapon Quality Assessment which completes independent product acceptances for Sandia production agency mission assignments
- ND Capability modeling, simulation and analysis
- High explosives and energetics material characterization, process qualification, infrastructure and production base capability sustainment
- Master’s degree in an engineering or STEM area or equivalent experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experience working with NNSA Federal Program Managers and Engineers.
- Technical experience or knowledge of Production Support or Energetics portfolio
- High political acumen and cross-laboratory and cross-site partnering skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and compellingly in oral and written forms.
- Excellent information management and presentation skills
This position directly supports the Program Integration and Strategy (2510) Senior Manager position whose roles and responsibilities support both Center 2500 and Center 2100 Weapons Engineering & Production (WE&P) Program Office responsibilities. This Technical Advisor position primarily supports the functions related to the WE&P Program office.
The WE&P Program Office is accountable for the programmatic management of Sandia’s Directed Stockpile Work (DSW). WE&P is the Sandia programmatic agent responsible to NNSA for execution of mission work. Our office consists of a director, senior managers, managers, technical staff and budget analysts working together in a small team to enable the line’s mission success. The WE&P Program office includes Stockpile Systems, Stockpile Services, Tech Maturation, and Modernization portfolios.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.