Sandia National Laboratories R&D Systems Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a R&D S&E, Systems Engineer
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Direct systematic study toward a fuller knowledge or understanding of the fundamental aspects of phenomena and of observable facts, and discover or synthesize new approaches to achieve goals.
- Use systems engineering principles to research, design, or develop structures, instruments, machines, experiments, processes, systems, theories, or technologies; to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions as well as eventual mission characteristics and application.
- Create new understandings and capabilities by using the scientific method’s hypothesis, test, and evaluation techniques; critical review; or similar engineering research and development methods to bring disparate technologies together to solve system issues.
- Initiate, design, develop, execute, and evaluate new processes, products, or systems through basic and applied research.
- Define future development activity and possible technology transfer of solutions, products, principles or technology.
- Solve pressing production issues within the NSE that often requires reaching out to SMEs across Sandia to form the basis of the recovery.
- Bachelor's and advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in a relevant STEM discipline; or Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus 4 years relevant experience in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, internally and externally
- Teams well forming trusted partnerships with others
- Experience in a nuclear weapon system or component organization
- Experience in systems engineering, verification and validation of systems, qualification strategies, product realization/production and/or requirement management tools
Department 2337 provide systems engineering and program integration for the W88 ALT 370 and ALT 940 Programs working closely with NNSA, Navy and across the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE). The department is entering a very dynamic and challenging period of time for initial First Production Unit and Initial Operational Capability for these alterations. This will involve close coordination with all partners across the NSE and stakeholders. .
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT