Sandia National Laboratories R&D Systems Engineer-Advanced Flight Systems (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for nation's security?
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to aid in the engineering effort for an advanced flight system for a missile defense application. You will join a department that designs, develops, tests, integrates, and eventually flight-tests advanced concept systems for missile defense applications. You will be a part of a small team of staff to develop requirements, control the design and build process, and verify that the as-built flight system is ready for integration and flight test.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Plan the execution of the SE effort to design, build, integrate, test, and field for highly integrated prototype missile and propulsion systems and subsystems
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary design efforts across multiple programs
- Integrate complex flight hardware in a dynamic, challenging design environment
- Coordinate various technical activities including test planning, environments definition, interface management, trade studies, configuration management, and design review
- Your background includes a bachelor’s and advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in any engineering, mathematics, or physics related field
- You bring two or more years' experience in any discipline of technical systems engineering or systems integration
- You can obtain a DOE Q-level security clearance
Ideally, your background will also include:
- Experience with Genesys for architecting systems, developing requirements, and providing traceability
- Experience planning technical work
- Experience with large scale integration and test
- Fundamentals of Systems Engineering principles and their application to large scale prototype programs
- Proven teaming experience
- Current DOE Q clearance
The Advanced Threat Defeat group defines and realizes complex target vehicles for the Missile Defense Agency based on emerging threat data. The vehicles are engineered to exercise the capabilities of our nation's Ballistic Missile Defense System. The department also conceptualizes and studies mechanisms for hypersonic weapon defeat.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.