Sandia National Laboratories R&D Systems Analyst-Military Systems Modeling & Simulation (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues and challenges for our nation's security?
Our group’s expanding business has created immediate openings for systems analysts who can quickly familiarize themselves with Sandia-developed and commercial modeling and simulation tools, and use these tools to analyze complex military systems and technologies. Your technical work involves researching, developing and executing innovative approaches, analytic architectures, methods, models, simulations and tools to address a wide range of analysis challenges for current and future systems, system of systems, and technologies being conceptualized, designed, developed and tested for the DOE/NNSA, DoD and military services. You will need to have experience performing various types of decision analytics, data analyses, reliability analysis, as well as background in analyzing military systems, as is an understanding of military operations and processes.
You will be expected to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a supportive technical environment, and multi-task in a fast-paced technical work environment that is highly customer-focused. Our team has projects of varying size and complexity, providing a variety of opportunities for experience, mentoring, research, and advancement. Moderate travel will be required to support projects, conferences, and continuous learning events. Our work offers substantial challenges, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth, and the chance to have an impact at a national level.
- You will have an excellent academic background that includes an advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in a related science or engineering field; OR a bachelor's degree in engineering or science plus 4 years related experience
- You have mid-career level experience (five years or more in relevant disciplines to include: engineering, operations research, physics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics)
- Your background will include experience with analytic frameworks, systems analysis, vulnerability analysis, trade studies and engineering for complex equipment and systems
- You bring experience and familiarity with new modeling and simulation tools and techniques to apply in analyzing complex military and industrial systems and enterprise scale problems
- You have a current DOE L-level clearance or higher and can obtain a SCI, which could require polygraph testing
Your background should also include:
Experience working with Sandia's System of Systems Analysis Toolset (SoSAT) or equivalent system of systems analytics tools
1 year or more of experience building, and running SoSAT and/or SoSAT-like models
Project/Technical Task management experience with small agile teams
Experience and ability to independently determine and develop innovative approaches and solutions to a diverse range of complex analytical problems
External customer interface and project execution experience
Knowledge of military systems/platforms, power and energy systems, logistics and supply systems is valuable, as is experience in analyzing complex systems with limited data
Experience with specialized simulation tools, state modeling, systems engineering, numerical methods, statistics, and optimization
Strong teaming and collaboration skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Current and active SCI clearance
Our team, the Military Systems Analysis department, provides decision analytics for a wide variety of complex challenges for the DoD and each of the military services. The research, development and applications by the department covers a broad range of scenario-based System Performance Modeling and Analyses, Operational Effectiveness, System of Systems Assessments & Trade Studies, Reliability Analysis and Optimization of decisions focused on enhancing and modernizing military and operational energy systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.