Sandia National Laboratories R&D S&E, Systems Research Analyst (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a R&D S&E, Systems Research and Analysis Engineer, to provide Nuclear Deterrence (ND) weapons quality integration engineering to influence and lead change for weapons quality management system deployment and integration.
Are you passionate about your work and dream of exploring solutions within a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security? If so, continue to read below for your opportunity to join us here at Sandia.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Engage with department colleagues and other ND and Corporate colleagues to manage, evaluate, interpret, and implement QA requirements, standards, and regulations in the Weapon Quality Assurance (Program) design and deployment.
- Partner across ND to ensure compliance to NAP-24A requirements, and a defensible requirements alignment through assessments and analyses.
- Have a broad technical knowledge and extensive network and resources in solving complex quality management system challenges.
- Lead Quality System Engineering staff and teams in execution of the quality management system to our entire ND community, in partnership with the Corporate QMS and Supply Chain teams.
- Develop, track, and monitor ND QMS metrics through quantitative and qualitative effectiveness measures, and the use of modeling/simulation and other engineering tools for predictive modeling to drive risk-based decisions.
- Identify and evaluate critical measures to monitor ND QA performance using engineering principles for all areas of ND, including research, design, and production at the systems and component levels.
- Partner closely with the ND Supply Chain Engineering group for knowledge transfer and cross-training.
- Bachelor’s and degree in Engineering plus 3 or more years of direct engineering experience or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus an advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- A breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to be inventive when solving deeply complex technical problems
- Experience in technical quality activities
- Proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary, teaming environment
- Strive for dynamic teaming with others for mutual success
- Have strong technical writing and communication skills
- Inspire and direct change, and energize and motivate others to succeed
- Excel in building relationships and drive novel initiatives to solutions for complex and unique problems
- A desire to continuously learn and improve
- Have knowledge of applying engineering principles and failure analyses to drive continuous improvements
- Enjoy working on probabilistic risk analysis methods, such as failure modes and effects analysis
- Possess expertise with nuclear weapons and quality management systems
- Are familiar (based on demonstrated work experience) with:
- Nuclear Weapon system and/or component knowledge
- Causal Analysis tools and techniques
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or black belt training and/or certification
- NAP-24A and other quality standards & policies
- Active DOE Q Clearance
The primary mission of our department is to provide cross-cutting weapon quality integration and long-term sustainment for Center 9400 and the Sandia Nuclear Deterrence (ND) Portfolio. This includes integrating and sustaining continuous improvements, standardization of quality methodology, risk-based approach to a sustainable quality culture, and an agile, rapid response approach to ND quality and weapon quality integration. Key Center 9400 activities include continued growth in Quality Management System (QMS) maturation, integration of quality with security and safety, and growth of diversity and inclusion into the Center culture.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.