Sandia National Laboratories R&D S&E, Electrical Engineer - High Level Synthesis (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to be part of a design team participating in digital-hardware embedded systems design. Utilizing VHDL and/or High Level Synthesis (HLS) and targeting FPGAs, you will employ advanced concepts to perform high-caliber work on secure systems and contribute to national security missions.
You will work alongside world-class authorities and emerging leaders and use your skills in any of the following:
- Embedded systems
- Component/system electrical design (hardware, firmware, and software)
- Algorithm development
- Modeling, simulation, and visualization of electrical systems and phenomena
- Data capture and analytics
- Verification & validation techniques
- Communication, control, and data acquisition systems
Based on your interests, you will improve national security by engaging in areas that could include:
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
- Hypersonic vehicles
- Integrated defense systems
- Nuclear weapons and deterrence
- Product development and realization
- Radar, RF, and optical systems
- Remote sensing
- Satellite systems
This position may require travel to support current efforts and identify new opportunities for growing our capabilities and impact.
- You possess an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering, with at least 5 years of relevant experience; or a Bachelor's degree, as stated above, with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Your background includes demonstrated firmware development experience utilizing VHDL, Verilog or HLS targeting Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
- You can obtain a DOE Q security clearance.
Ideally, your background would also include:
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays and design.
- Familiarity with board-level circuit design.
- Knowledge of radiation effects on semiconductor devices and techniques to mitigate those effects.
- Excellent teaming and communication skills.
- Current DOE Q-level clearance.
Organization 5321, The Space and Flight Systems department provides hardware and software development for embedded satellite systems, embedded flight systems, and embedded ground systems. These systems range from localized controller applications to high-end node based computers serving as the heart of a satellite payload. Because of the high cost of payload launch, the design focus is on ultra-reliability, small size, and real time response. Department 5321 consists of staff from the disciplines of electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, and electronics technology. These highly skilled staff members bring a quality emphasis to the creation of robust reliable embedded system designs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.