Sandia National Laboratories R&D S&E, Electrical Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work? Do you dream of working in state-of-the-art facilities with safety & security culture? Do you want to join a diverse team that serves an organization that supports our national security?
Department 5321 is seeking an experienced LabView and TestStand software developer to join our component tester team. You will contribute to the design and development of component testers for programs including, but not limited to:
- satellite systems
- missile systems
- ground-based systems
Key functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop software for component tester
- Research and implement NI or other instrumentation for data acquisition systems
- Support component engineer during testing
- Work with component engineers to define testing requirements
- Design and Develop software that will interface to a variety of lab test equipment
- Test instrumentation assembly
- Test instrumentation acquisition
- Interface with high level customers when necessary
The successful candidate will have to be capable of working independently and as a member of a software team.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM with a Technical background
- At least 3 years of LabView and TestStand experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Security Clearance
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- Experience in the design and build of test fixtures for embedded systems
- Certified LabView Architect (CLA)
- Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)
- Active DOE/DOD clearance
- Experience using other software languages (C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, etc.)
Organization 5321, The Space and Flight Systems department provides hardware and software development for embedded satellite systems, embedded flight systems, and embedded ground systems. These systems range from localized controller applications to high-end node based computers serving as the heart of a satellite payload. Because of the high cost of payload launch, the design focus is on ultra-reliability, small size, and real time response. Department 5321 consists of staff from the disciplines of electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, and electronics technology. These highly skilled staff members bring a quality emphasis to the creation of robust reliable embedded system designs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.