Sandia National Laboratories R&D Mechanical Hardware Design Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an engineer to provide mechanical hardware design support for the analysis, design, fabrication, build and flight test of target rockets, countermeasures, and associated flight test objects for the Missile Defense Agency and Air Force programs.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support major defense programs and field testing at locations
- around the globe, for example Hawaii, Alaska, White Sands Missile Range, Nevada,
- Pacific islands, U.S. East Coast ranges, etc.
- Work in a laboratory, conduct field mechanical engineering operations and conduct mechanical design.
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Mechanical Engineering or related STEM discipline.
- Experience building hardware in a laboratory, designing experiments, and conducting mechanical design using CAD tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI, which will require a polygraph examination.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline plus 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience working on government or industry hardware development programs.
- Experience supporting flight programs (rockets, space, aviation, etc.).
- Current and active DOE Q-level/SCI security clearance.
A valued resource for applications of reentry, aerospace, precision guidance, target acquisition & defeat technologies that demonstrate system solutions to the nation's emerging threats.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT