Sandia National Laboratories R&D Manager, Next Generation Systems Software Simulation and Analysis in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an R&D Manager, Next Generation Systems Software Simulation and Analysis
A R&D Manager is needed to lead Next Generation Systems Software Simulation and Analysis (6367) .The departmentperforms research and development to advance flexible, extensible, and robust software applications for remote sensing system-level simulation, as well as simulation-based analysis for test and verification. Theremote sensing system-level simulation capabilityincludes static and dynamic stochastic models integrated into simulation frameworks with analysis tools and visualizations that can be applied to a variety of missions. This capability extends across the spectrum of real-time lower fidelity solutions suitable for system-level trade study and statistical performance assessments to higher fidelity solutions suitable for system-level analysis and simulation-based test injection. Thesimulation influenced analysis for test and verification capabilityrepresents the technical evaluation and characterization of mission-level key performance parameters (KPPs) from hypothetical to operational systems. Department competencies include deep to broad complex systems knowledge, expertise in test design to reporting, and the creation of numerous tools (not limited to simulators), techniques, and applications that support decision makers.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Oversee work that requires an understanding of engineering and scientific fundamentals and principles.
- Leverage the capabilities and competencies of the group in building modern data system architectures and research for future architectures
- Oversee and manage the design, build and test of mission and enabling features for the next systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the Program Management Office for acquisition of new systems and features.
- Promote quality and excellence by managing and coordinating overall program and project plans, budgets, structures, schedules, and staffing requirements.
- Guide the work of the department and apply organization knowledge and experience to assess work quality, performance, and alignment of results with customer expectations.
- Oversee and manage members of the workforce, within the organization, including hiring, professional development, and assessment and performance management, consistent with the mission of the organization.
Some travel is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s and Master's in computer science (or related discipline); or PhD in computer science (or related discipline); plus 8 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of technical education and experience (relevant STEM Bachelor's plus 12 years of relevant experience; or 20 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree)
- Three years of experience in technical project leadership, technical project management and/or systems engineering.
- Experience in delivering large-scale data systems.
- Experience in modeling and simulation.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in software and hardware systems research, development and engineering.
- Experience with development and presentation of proposals to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated business political acumen while interacting with customers.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships.
- Experience and interest in identifying, realizing and developing new project opportunities.
- Experience with development and execution of strategic planning goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated interest and success in recruiting, hiring and developing/mentoring new personnel.
- Experience with DoD communities.
Next Generation Systems (6360) ¿holds the world accountable by providing unparalleled monitoring systems that deliver critical knowledge into the hands of decision makers. Weexcel at innovating ways to transform sensor data to knowledge, enabling our customers to take action with confidence. The keys to our success are reusable, flexible architectures and generic data components, which enable us to model R&D concepts, exploit existing data streams, orchestrate new solutions and insert them into high assurance operational environments.Our expertise in large-scale software engineering and design is built on our technical leadership and innovation, and understanding of the relevant scientific and mission domains. We use disruptive yet relevant technologies to make what is impossible today, routine tomorrow.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.