Sandia National Laboratories R&D Manager, 5231 Product Engineering Dept in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some the most challenging issues facing our nation's security?
As the manager you will partner with customers to ensure technical and programmatic needs are fully understood and met and with other 5200 organizations to ensure products are designed with manufacturability, testability, reliability, and yield targets in mind. The manager will also lead testing, burn-in, yield improvement, and production planning of MESA’s ASIC, MEMS, and other products fabricated at Sandia, supporting MESA’s development, product realization, and production missions. Responsibility for Mark Quality delivery of MESA products, working with Sandia External Production, is also part of the job.
You will be a self-directed and customer focused individual who has strong interpersonal, teaming, leadership, and analytical skills. You will lead a high performing team in the delivery of MESA products designed to meet demanding performance and reliability specifications in hostile environments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the team in delivering with excellence and energizing the staff to achieve this vision
- Ensuring that the team is robust, agile, and well-suited for all the department's technical challenges
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by delivering on commitments and leading expectations
- Leading resources and coordinating across the center to ensure on-time, on-budget deliveries meeting quality requirements.
- Building effective partnerships across Sandia, with sponsors (internal and external), and industry partners
- Production planning and execution, including developing computer-based process controls for process improvement and mistake-proofing.
- Ensuring ES&H compliance.
- Creating, tracking and reporting on the budgets, schedules, risks and variances of the production programs to both internal and external customers.
- You have a Bachelor’s and Master's Degree in a relevant STEM field plus 8 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor's degree in STEM plus 12 years of relevant experience.
- Your background includes two years’ experience managing projects and leading teams.
- Your experience includes successful fabrication and delivery of high reliability products.
- You have an active DOE L security clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
Ideally, your background will also include some of the following:
- Advanced STEM degree.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in developing trust-based relationships among peers, staff, management, and customers.
- Experience delivering NW systems, component, or subsystems, including familiarity with realize product procedures (RPPs) NW Quality standards, and/or delivery of Mark Quality products.
- Experience delivering product to the field, preferably the stockpile.
- Experience in Nuclear Weapon Systems, Major Component &/or Sandia External Production (SEP) projects.
- Record of handling and/or leading process improvement efforts.
- Experience successfully leading multi-million-dollar projects, preferably using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Understanding of microelectronics design, semiconductor manufacturing, and/or microsystems packaging/reliability issues.
- Understanding of Accelerated Overstress Testing methods and/or Test-To-Failure methods with Weibull Analysis.
- You have an active Q-Clearance or higher.
The newly created Post Fab Technologies Group (5230) provides research, development, and production services for post fab technologies critical to ensuring the qualification and delivery of high reliability MESA products suitable for use in hostile environments.
The Product Engineering department (5231) provides product development, pre-production, and production expertise/oversight for the testing, qualification, and delivery of high reliability MESA products. 5231 also ensures a trusted and predictable supply chain is established and maintained. In addition, as the complexity of microsystem products increases, 5231 will develop innovative methods and technologies to ensure our customers’ success. Current customers include the B61-12 LEP, W88-ALT, W87/Mk21 Fuze and W80-4 programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance or active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD) to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.