Sandia National Laboratories R&D Engineering Project Lead (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a highly motivated R&D S&E, Electrical Engineer. You will plan and direct technical projects to implement new tools and processes that enable the Electrical CAD department to further advance the engineering services provided at the labs. You will develop project plans, schedules, risk management plans, communication products, training modules, and other documentation required for projects (ND and SPP programs).
This is a leadership role critical to our department with some travel required.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Use your knowledge of electrical printed circuit board design and fabrication process to include, layout, routing, fabrication drawing, material selection, library parts, etc.
- Lead 2279 strategic planning efforts, manage projects with our customers, coordinate and execute training plans, direct load balancing efforts.
- Understand and lead drawing release services, configuration management, generate requirements, documentation, scheduling, and product support
- Partner with customers and technically direct the efforts of a cross-disciplinary team
- Review and understand end-to-end work processes
- Translate technical terms to layperson's terms and present them to audiences outside of the organization
- Work closely with customers and suppliers to define expectations and mutual responsibilities
- Understand your customers, the concept of operations for the system, mission capabilities and characteristics of the system
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline plus 2 years of demonstrated experience
- Experience with Electrical CAD applications, fabrication, and/or software systems
- Active US DOE L or DOD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
- Project leadership experience delivering large and complex projects
- Ability to develop, document, and maintain engineering processes
- Experience with Mentor Graphics tool suite
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the NW engineering systems and the NNSA product realization process
- Ability to determine training needs of a department and develop training material
- Configuration management specific training and or application
- Demonstrated success with SPP/SIPP programs
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, functions, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in an environment with dynamic conditions, opposing priorities, and firm deadlines
- Current, active DOE Q-level security clearance
Department 2279 provides Electrical Computer Aided Design (ECAD) design and engineering services for nuclear weapon and SPP customers. Using the Mentor Graphics toolset we capture schematics, layout printed wiring boards and procure fully stuffed printed wiring assemblies utilizing IPC standards. Our capabilities include: D Design Services (Prototype through Production), PWB Layout & Procurement, Wiring Diagrams, System Schematics, Central ECAD Library available to all customers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted L-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.