Sandia National Laboratories R&D Engineer-Integrated Military Systems (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to solve problems and build cutting-edge systems? Do you want to join a dynamic team that modernizes our Nation’s most critical weapon systems to ensure strategic deterrence for America?
If this motivates you, this position may be your answer. We are seeking a R&D Systems Engineer to join our family of systems engineers to support all projects and programs under the Integrated Military Systems center. Systems engineering in the center has both a leadership and technical aspect.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Be a part of the leadership team that, along with the technical team leads and project managers, develop the project plan for each individual effort.
- Work as partners with technical team members to implement and capture specific design steps along the engineering process.
- Work in both the planning and execution of this type of work while teaming with discipline specific experts in their fields.
- Use of the following methods: are Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Concept of Operations Development, Requirements Analysis and Definition, System Design Descriptions, Trade Studies, Design Analysis, Interface Design & Assessment, Integrated System Test Planning, System Verification & Validation, and Configuration Management.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus eight years of relevant experience (experience performing systems engineering work such as models-based systems engineering, requirements development, functional architecture development, physical architecture development, and performance verification); or Bachelor's and Master's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics plus four years of relevant experience as stated above.
- You can obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance.
Ideally, your background would also include:
- Experience with models-based systems engineering tools using the SysML language (such as Genesys, Magic Draw, etc.).
- Experience with engineering design (taking an idea from concept through demonstration).
- Experience with requirements development, capture, and tracking.
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools.
- Experience with functional and physical architecture creation.
- Familiarity with aerospace systems design (missiles, flight vehicles, missile defense systems).
The Military Systems Engineering department applies interdisciplinary systems engineering principles and approaches to transform a set of customer needs into a solution that meets those needs with verifiable, traceable, and testable requirements. The team accomplishes this by overseeing the engineering design, development, and demonstration of complex military systems. Methods used are Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Concept of Operations Development, Requirements Analysis and Definition, System Design Descriptions, Trade Studies, Design Analysis, Interface Design & Assessment, Integrated System Test Planning, System Verification & Validation, and Configuration Management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT