Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electrical Engineer - Physical Security (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Join a dynamic team and solve significant issues and challenges for our nation's security!
We are seeking a R&D S&E Electrical Engineer to join our diverse team. You will complete activities related to system level design, engineering, and testing. During the design process you would be handling the customer requirements and deriving them into functional and operational requirements. The selected candidates will implement the requirements through design definition activities, such as design reports, engineering drawings, and specification. For system testing this position would build system or sub system test plans that are traced to requirements. The selected engineers may also implement test plans either in laboratory, test field, or implementation site. We are also responsible for selecting commercial products for procurement that meet specifications and customer requirements. This person would be aware of many different areas of engineering to address system level challenges throughout the life cycle of a project; design/testing/implementation.
Ability to travel 25%-40% of the year.
- Master's degree in a STEM field
- Can obtain a DOE Q security clearance
- Experience in physical security system Design, Testing, and Engineering
- Ability to analyze and breakdown systems into manageable and discrete parts for better understanding and troubleshooting
- Ability to excel within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Dream of working in an environment that is highly collaborative
- Experience deriving system requirements into sub-system and component requirements
- Experience in military based security analysis or technologies (interior/exterior sensors, video, networks, data fusion, etc.) and / or experience with DoD applications of physical security
- Experience with part/material selection and ordering
- Experience with calibrating test equipment
- Process management experience
- Current Q clearance
Department 6517's primary mission is to provide enhanced surety systems integration support to ND. These responsibilities include the development of testing, integration, and certification of components and systems necessary to advance DoD surety world-wide. A secondary function of Department 6517 includes supporting design, technology development, and installation of enhanced security components and systems for the USAF's Life-Cycle Management Center at Hanscom AFB.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.