Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electrical Engineer-Hypersonic System Design/Prototype Flight Testing (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and want to build next generation systems to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking Electrical Engineers for the 5420 Flight Systems II Department to support Hypersonic programs. You will get to perform architecture development, electronic system design, system integration, and test of flight avionics and missile systems in support of prototype development flight testing. You should have a background in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on design, system design, analysis, software and test. The position requires an application of systems disciplines more than component level point design. You may need to travel to support program interactions, and system integration activities including flight testing at remote test facilities.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Your experience includes 3 or more years in electrical & avionics systems design, analysis, qualification, acceptance, integration and testing of flight systems or components
- You have at least a DOE L clearance, or DOD equivalent
Ideally, your background would also include:
- You have experience in electronic design tools (PSPICE, etc.)
- Experience with Avionics Component Development and Testing as well as Ground or Flight Testing
- Electronic Systems and SubSystems Testing and Troubleshooting Experience
- Embedded Systems Development
- Ground Support Systems Development and Use
- Systems Integration using Flight and Test Hardware and Software
- Cable design
- Software design and development
- You possess experience with Design Definition, Configuration Management, Requirements development, tracking, and verification
- Familiarity with Hardware-in-the-loop or Software-in-the-loop Systems
- Proven experience working in a Team Environment
- Fielding and Deploying Systems at Test Locations
- DOE Q clearance
The Flight Systems II Department 05424 provides integrated flight systems in the Strike Systems group within the Integrated Military Systems Program at Sandia. Mechanical and Avionics flight technologies are developed, integrated, and tested to provide flight solutions for missiles and hypersonic flight platforms. Typically, these systems support the DOD including Army, Navy, Air Force, and other Agencies. 5400 has successfully developed hypersonic systems for the nation and is extending our role on the national stage for both developmental and fieldable systems.
Our programs cover a broad spectrum of applications; from advanced aerodynamically controlled vehicles, to maneuvering hypersonic kill vehicles, to ballistic missile systems. All the activities require the extensive use of commonly developed Sandia avionics as well as prototype next generation technology that has never been flown. Levering existing technologies and maturing the Hypersonics portfolio for national needs is a demanding task and is a key component of Exceptional Service in the National Interest. The department strives to provide leadership to the Laboratory and the Nation in the creative development, use, and application of Hypersonic flight platforms. The Flight Systems II Department staff pride themselves in team accomplishments, professional development and the mentorship of others.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.