Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electrical Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Would you like to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security? If so, we encourage you to explore this exciting opportunity within Sandia National Laboratories.
Organization 5343, Radar ISR Systems, is actively seeking a motivated R&D electronics engineer to join their high performing team! As the selected candidate for this position, you will perform work that may cover a wide range of activities including electronic design tasks associated with synthetic aperture radar integration into airborne platforms, electromechanical system and subsystem design, test, and troubleshooting in support of SAR system development and deployment. You should have a background in electronics engineering with an emphasis on digital and analog circuit design, analysis and test.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Perform requirements analysis and definition, design analysis, interface design & assessment, integrated system test planning, verification & validation, and configuration management for analog and digital circuit design.
- Direct work that is rooted in the fundamentals of science and engineering while applying a deep understanding of engineering and scientific principles.
- Conduct testing and analysis of component performance for SAR systems.
- Work as part of a high performing, passionate, multi-disciplinary team. Teamwork and collaboration are important in this group.
- Work closely with other staff, both inside and outside the department, to support interesting and
- Innovative work in technology development, test planning and execution, interpret results.
- You have an advanced degree in Electronics/Electrical/Engineering or relevant discipline; OR equivalent education and experience with the demonstrated ability to utilize the fundamental concepts of this discipline and successfully perform the duties of this job.
- Your background demonstrates experience in analog and digital circuit innovation, design, troubleshooting, integration and testing of electrical, electromechanical, and/or RF systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Security Clearance.
- Your experience includes engineering design of analog and digital circuit, taking an idea from concept through demonstration and/or delivery/production.
- You have experience in DSP, analog circuit design and RF system design and analysis.
- You bring strong debugging/problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new skills and be creative based on project needs.
- You have the ability to work in a team environment with staff, technologists, and support personnel.
- You have strong teamwork skills, combined with an ability to take broad direction and implement technical activities without detailed guidance or oversight.
- You are eager to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- You have an active US DOE Q security clearance.
The ISR Next Generation Systems team, works within Sandia’s RF Remote Sensing Business area to developand field high-performance synthetic aperture radar (SAR) systems. Our department specializes in technical pursuits including system design and development, project management, field- and flight-test, and applications engineering.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.