Sandia National Laboratories R&D, Cybersecurity at Sandia (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sandia is a world-class leader in cybersecurity. To keep systems safe and foil attacks, we develop protective technologies, conduct threat assessments, and analyze government, military, and civilian computer networks. We work across the technology spectrum including embedded, mobile, desktop, and enterprise systems, as well as globally connected networks of networks. Come to Sandia and be part of a special, multidisciplinary team committed to solving the information security challenges facing our nation.
Candidates applying on this requisition may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several cybersecurity-focused organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
To support Sandia's national security missions, our cybersecurity scientists and engineers work in a variety of research areas including:
- Manual and automated reverse engineering, vulnerability assessment, and malware analysis
- Intrusion prevention/detection and response, penetration testing, and forensics
- Network operation, information protection, and resiliency
- Authentication and authorization
- Threat intelligence
- Modeling, simulation, and emulation
- Data science, information theory, and streaming and behavioral analytics
- Hardware/software trust and assurance
- Real-time operating systems (RTOS) and embedded systems, including Internet of Things (IoT)
- Virtualization (system and network) and cloud technologies
- Mobile devices and smart technologies
- Autonomous systems
- Industrial control systems and SCADA systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Forensics, Mathematics, or a related field plus 8 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Forensics, Mathematics, or a related field plus 2 years of experience; OR a doctorate in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with assembly or operating system programming, application layer programming, Dev-Ops programming, and/or network layer programming
- Experience in conducting research resulting in innovative technical solutions
- Experience in reverse engineering, malware analysis, formal methods, deciphering known and unknown file formats, data structures, and network protocols
- Knowledge of a subset of the following: network design, implementation, administration, database systems, webservers, application servers, firewalls, network devices, data science/analytics
- Experience with auditing code in C/C++, Java, Python, assembly, or other languages
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with secure-system design principles and information assurance principles
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Existing DOE Q security clearance
- Graduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Forensics, Mathematics, or a related field
The position posted is intended to fill multiple positions across the laboratory.
Sandia is a world-class leader in cybersecurity. Today, cybersecurity is a daunting national security problem, and we're applying decades of expertise to the task. As the most networked nation on earth, the United States is extremely vulnerable. To keep systems safe and foil attacks, we develop protective technologies, conduct threat assessments, and analyze government, military, and civilian computer systems and networks. Through technology and analysis, we help secure the nation's critical energy and communications infrastructures against natural and malicious disruption. We assess physical and cyber vulnerabilities and conduct large-scale analyses to understand infrastructure interdependencies and guide efforts to improve resiliency. We develop technologies for preventing disruption and enhancing recovery in vital cyber systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT