Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science ND Enterprise Analytics (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a highly motivated R&D S&E, Computer Science professional with expertise in the design, development, and application of software-driven models and tools in support of the Strategic Enterprise Planning & Integration program. You will work in teams (with people throughout the NNSA Enterprise) and independently to conceive, develop, and execute analyses and design, develop, and engineer models to gain insights and forecasts into trade-offs between the cost effectiveness, agility, and assurance of our current approaches to weapon product realization. You will also apply sound and experienced technical judgment using scientific and engineering methodologies and principles to recognize problems, and formulate solutions; collect data through research, interviews, and other means; and prepare analyses for SNL management and, in some cases, NNSA program leaders. These analyses may include information gathering through literature searches, site visits, interviews, physical and computational simulations, and assessment of customer requirements. The results of analyses will result in briefing packages, documented plans, reports, schedules, and other artifacts designed for high-level SNL and NNSA customer consideration and future implementation.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work on the Weapon Strategic Planning Tool that is being developed for NNSA that will enable them to evaluate stockpile options and manage stockpile resources. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how NNSA decides the composition of the stockpile and how they manage it.
- Provide decision insight to customers on ill-defined or complex, multi-domain problems utilizing the tools and models they develop. Effective communication skills are required to present results of analyses to SNL management and NNSA/DoD customers including explanations of staff member-derived options, trade-offs and recommendations.
Moderate travel may be required; flexibility exercised when possible.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Data Science, or relevant Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Five years of relevant experience
- Experience in software design, engineering, and development, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
- Knowledge of the practices and processes of the design and development of nuclear weapon systems, sub-systems and components leading up to full weapon development and production is a definite plus but not a requirement.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Data Science, or relevant Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Experience developing on the Microsoft SharePoint technology stack.
- Full stack development experience.
- Experience developing on, and targeted for, Sandia’s unclassified and classified environments.
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and exercise mature judgment with only broad direction
- Demonstrated strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to independently determine and develop innovative approaches and solutions to a diverse range of technical and analytical problems.
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit customer input, manage customer interactions, produce required deliverables (urgently at times), and meet customer expectations in a competent and professional manner.
The ND Enterprise Analytics Department leads the development of Sandia enterprise modeling strategy, manages projects, and develops decision support tools and models. This organization leverages analysis and model development capabilities within and throughout Sandia to meet NNSA and corporate enterprise modeling objectives.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.