Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science - Mapping Brain Algorithms into Computer Algorithms (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Computer Scientist to conduct research and development on brain-inspired algorithms for emerging neuromorphic computing hardware in collaboration of our interdisciplinary team of neuroscientists, computer scientists, mathematicians, and engineers.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop and extend brain-inspired algorithms, such as investigating new neural mechanisms into deep learning networks
- Develop new application areas for computational neuroscience and neural-inspired computing in fields like high-performance computing, remote sensing, and cybersecurity
- Publish research results in high-quality journals and competitive conference venues
More information about our group’s work is available at: http://neuroscience.sandia.gov/
- Bachelor’s and PhD in computational neuroscience, computer science, applied mathematics, or related STEM discipline
- Experience with theoretical and practical aspects of machine learning, especially neural networks or similar techniques, OR experience in developing computational and mathematical models of neural circuits in the brain
- Experience with a common programming language such as C++ or Python
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE Q clearance
- Experience with neural network modeling languages (Theano, Tensorflow, Keras, etc) or neural modeling languages (PyNN, NEST, NEURON, etc)
- Prior research publications in neuroscience journals or machine learning conferences
The Data-driven and Neural Computing Department conducts science, technology, and research and development in human-machine interface technologies, algorithms for data-heavy applications, and brain inspired computing. Examples include computational modeling of neural and cognitive processes, cognitive software agents, conventional compute platforms, advanced architectures based on integrated commodity components, data-centric computer platforms, and neural architectures and algorithms. Some of our core technologies emulate and augment human cognition using algorithms ranging from machine learning to detailed physiologically-based models of perception and cognition.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT