Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science HR Software Implementation (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Department 10744 is looking for an outstanding individual(s) to contribute to high profile, leading edge projects. This role will evaluate and optimize existing software implementations in support of HR systems. In addition, they will architect and be the principle investigator in determining solutions for a variety of initiatives in support of Healthcare systems. We value strong communications skills, agility in adapting to change, and successfully working in software engineering teams. A positive interaction with system users and management at all levels is essential.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to: Research and perform trade off analysis for best technical solutions, developing new software applications, learning and supporting existing code elements, writing and executing test plans and creating documentation, staging and deploying solutions with infrastructure providers, peer review of solution artifacts, applying relevant security standards, troubleshooting issues and consulting on application architectures for new solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- engineering or scientific experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform independent research and development
- Knowledge and experience with: SQL, C#/.Net; software engineering practices and software development methodologies, testing methodologies, including the ability to identify solutions for issues, applying user-experience design principles
- Demonstrated experience documenting requirements
- Experience using Team Foundation Server
- Agile experience with SCRUM and/or Kanban development
Knowlegde/Experience in the following:
- Programming using modern day languages in a multi-tiered, web-based environment
- Implementation and support of COTS (commercial-off-the-shelf) products
- Integrating with other systems using modern techniques (APIs, web-services, direct calls)
- Configuration management practices and quality deployment processes in the creation and delivery of work products
- Ability to:
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze technical issues
- Work collaboratively with both technical teams and functional customers
- Organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks and projects
- Work with multiple hardware and operating systems, system architectures and network infrastructures
- SCRUM Master certification
- Utilization of GIT
Next Gen Software Solutions Department 10744, provides agile, innovative, process-based IT solutions primarily for Human Resources. The corporate applications and technology we deliver include Cloud and on-premise Health Solutions, Learning Management Solutions and TEDS Training Applications along with other applications. Our vision is to provide continuous support of Sandia's HR systems offering accurate, timely and auditable data while partnering with our customers for solutions that assist them in meeting their business objectives.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.