Sandia National Laboratories R&D Computer Science at Sandia - Software Development/Engineering, Math/Analytics (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about research that supports national security missions in a variety of high-impact areas? Do you dream of developing everything from 24/7 remote sensing software systems to advanced computational software in support of national security research objectives? If so, you will want to apply for this opportunity to join a team of creative thinkers in applying computer science and software engineering skills to help secure our nation.
As part of this diverse multidisciplinary team, you will work alongside world-class authorities and emerging leaders and use your skills including:
- software engineering
- full stack software development
- software architecture
- high performance computing
- modeling and simulation
- data analytics
Based on your research interests, you will improve national security by engaging in research areas that could include:
- High Performance Computing
- Large Scale Software Development and Engineering
- Advanced and Beyond-Moore Computing Technologies/Architectures
- Computational Science and Mathematics
- Data Science and Analytics
- Algorithm Design & Graph Theory
- Machine Learning
- Scientific and Data Visualization
When applying to this requisition, you may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several computer science-focused organizations.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline; or Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline plus 4 years’ experience
- Experience in software design and development
- Degree(s) in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Experience in C, C++, and/or Java
- Experience with DevOps technologies
- Experience in a subset of the following: software engineering methodologies, agile development, user interfaces, databases, algorithms, data science, analytics
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a disciplined and focused manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
To remain effective in today's information age, organizations rely on the availability of state of the art technology. Computer scientists at Sandia use decades of expertise to develop and deliver creative solutions to enable the continued success of Sandia's researchers across a diverse spectrum of mission areas. We have a number of elite, multidisciplinary teams committed to solving the computing and technology challenges facing our nation.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.