Sandia National Laboratories R&D, Computer Science at Sandia (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers
To keep systems safe and foil attacks, we develop protective technologies, conduct threat assessments, and analyze government, military, and civilian computer networks. We work across the technology spectrum including embedded, mobile, desktop, and enterprise systems, as well as globally connected networks of networks.
To support Sandia's national security missions, computer scientists and engineers at Sandia work in a variety of high-impact areas. We are responsible for developing everything from 24/7 remote sensing software systems to advanced computational software in support of national security research objectives. Come join a team of innovative thinkers in applying computer science and software engineering skills to help secure our nation. You will work alongside world-class experts and other recent hires in software architecture, software engineering, machine learning, high-performance computing, modeling and simulation, data analytics, visualization, and many other areas.
When applying to this requisition, you may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several computer science-focused organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
To support Sandia's national security missions, our computer scientists and engineers work in a variety of research areas including:
- High Performance Computing
- Large Scale Software Development and Engineering
- Advanced and Beyond-Moore Computing Technologies/Architectures
- Computational Science and Mathematics
- Data Science and Analytics
- Algorithm Design and Graph Theory
- Scientific and Data Visualization
- Graduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics, or a related field; OR a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Experience in a subset of the following: software engineering methodologies, agile development, user interfaces, databases, algorithms, data science, analytics.
The position posted is intended to fill multiple positions across the laboratory.
Sandia National Laboratories is operated and managed by National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia operates Sandia National Laboratories as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and supports numerous federal, state, and local government agencies, companies, and organizations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT