Sandia National Laboratories Quality Systems Professional (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a quality systems professional to provide Nuclear Deterrence (ND) weapons quality integration support.
Are you passionate about delivering valuable insights and driving continual improvement through risk-based process assessments? Do you want to join a diverse, multidisciplinary team that influences the direction of the Labs? If so, you will want to consider this opportunity.
You will have responsibility for a variety of tasks, which include, but may not be limited to:
- Leads team efforts to monitor quality program deployment initiatives
- Obtains information on the best practices and continuous improvement/lessons learned of quality throughout ND to aid in formulating and implementing an environment of continual improvement in achieving performance results.
- Establishes and deploys strategic plans, policies, processes, procedures, and tools at the ND level that drive quality improvement efforts to meet or exceed internal and external customers' needs and expectations.
- Applies professional discernment in determining optimal application of quality management practices in the independent QMS and management assessments of ND systems and component levels.
- Provides innovative approaches to solve complex problems by supporting the development and implementation of quality plans.
- Supports deployment of QMS assessment processes and tools to meet customer requirements.
- Support maturation of QMS assessment verification and validation methods for measuring effectiveness throughout all phases of the 6.X process.
- Supports quality assurance, causal analysis and resolution, preventive action analysis, measurement, and data analysis and trending related activities for systemic issues based on a defect prevention methodology
- Provides expertise in quality related practices that detect and prevent defects in all phases of work.
- Support the ND Supply Chain Engineering team on assessments on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus three or more years of experience, or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and high critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and objectives to closure
- Proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary, teaming environment
- Strive for dynamic teaming with others for mutual success
- Have strong technical writing and communication skills
- Provide project planning, management, and tracking of deliverables
- Relevant experience in quality principles
- Experience in applying Quality Tools (e.g., RCA, Statistics, Lean methodology, Six Sigma).
- Experience auditing, assessing, and improving quality processes and systems
- Ability to track, analyze, and identify trends in data to detect areas of risk and issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- You can obtain a DOE Q clearance
The primary mission of our department is to provide cross-cutting weapon quality integration and long-term sustainment for Center 9400 and the Sandia Nuclear Deterrence (ND) Portfolio. This includes integrating and sustaining continuous improvements, standardization of quality methodology, risk-based approach to a sustainable quality culture, and an agile, rapid response approach to ND quality and weapon quality integration. Key Center 9400 activities include continued growth in Quality Management System (QMS) maturation, integration of quality with security and safety, and growth of diversity and inclusion into the Center culture.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.